Lasagna is loved by both my boys, and since I had a lot of vegetables at home, I started preparing without meat. The main role this time was eggplant, zucchini and olives. Instead of the classic tomato passata, I used roasted tomato puree. That taste is perfect! It’s not always time to bake tomatoes on puree in advance, so I always have at least one glass in reserve in the pantry at home. I’m buying this , so take a look, you’ll definitely use it elsewhere. For example, in soup or sauce.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Baking: 25 minutes
330 – 350 g of fresh lasagna
3 cloves garlic
2 smaller zucchini
200 g seedless green olives
700 g roasted tomato puree (or tomato passata)
450 g mozzarella
50 g grated parmesan
1 handful of fresh basil
1 handful of fresh oregano
salt, pepper, cane sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and wipe the baking dish with olive oil.
- Cut the eggplant into about 1 cm thin slices. Salt on both sides and let it “sweat” for about 5-10 minutes.
- Peel an onion and garlic, cut it into small cubes. Heat a larger pan with two tablespoons of olive oil and fry the onion and garlic in a glass.
- Using a paper kitchen towel, wipe off excess water on both sides of the eggplant and cut into small cubes. As well as zucchini and add everything to the pan with onions and garlic. Add salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are slightly soft.
- Cut the olives into smaller pieces and add them to the pan together with the tomato puree and coarsely chopped herbs. Taste and add salt, pepper and cane sugar as needed. Remove the pan from the hob.
- Line the bottom of the erased baking dish with fresh lasagna, then place a layer of vegetable mixture on it and cover with chopped mozzarella. Repeat this until the baking tray is full. You should end up with a vegetable mixture and then cover it richly with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Put in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. A golden crust should form on the top of the lasagna.
Like us, if you use fresh pasta to prepare lasagna, you will save time when baking. For dried pasta, the baking time is extended to 50 minutes.