A recipe for homemade toast that will be soft and fluffy. The best toast you will want to bake again and again. Read our story and recipe, which is so popular in Czech cuisine. A good breakfast makes a good day and our breakfast makes a good nicely baked toast bread…
I don’t even know when this happened, but at the time when I was still having breakfast with my parents, I preferred to have a toasted slice of white bread in the toaster, which I still smeared with butter and sprinkled with salt while it was still warm. It was the best breakfast I could start a new day and I carry these tastes all over the world!
Wherever we are, I always reach for it first, so over the years I have tasted many different toasters, most of whom remember those who accompanied us on our journey through New Zealand. These toasts were so incredibly supple, fragrant, soft, fluffy and big compared to our breads.
Own toast bread
After returning from this trip, I resented the bread I bought and started to bake our own toast bread at home , which would best match this taste of our taste. It has been 3 years since we visited New Zealand and I think I have finally picked up the recipe that is closest to our memory. I bring it to you today!
Homemade toast bread recipe
Difficulty: Moderately demanding
Preparation time: 2 hours 15 minutes
What you will need
- 420 ml of whole milk
- 675 g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 60 g butter
- 10 g of sugar
- 7 g of salt
- bag of dried yeast
- First we prepare the yeast by pouring milk into a large bowl, adding dried yeast, sugar, half the amount of flour (300 g) and mixing everything into a smooth liquid batter. Cover the bowl with a cloth and let the yeast come out in the dough.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour into the second bowl, mix the salt in it, add the eggs and sliced butter and mix everything.
- We combine both mixtures. The best way to do this is to pour the liquid yeast into a loose mixture. Mix the dough with a wooden spoon and leave the rest to the robot. With the help of a hook, let the dough knead to a medium speed of about 10 minutes, until all the ingredients are nicely combined and a smooth dough is formed. The dough can also be worked out on a floured rolling pin.
- Cover the prepared dough with a cloth and leave it to rise in the bowl for 1 hour.
- Roll out the leavened dough into a rectangular shape and roll it up with the shorter side. We put the rolled dough into a sandwich, which has been wiped with butter and sprinkled with semi-coarse flour, and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
- Let the oven preheat to 230 ° C.
- Spread the leavened sandwich with butter and bake it at 230 ° C for 15 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 200 ° C and bake for another 15 minutes.
- We let the baked toast bread cool down and then treat it to breakfast spread with butter and sprinkled with salt or make SANDWICHE from it .