I’ve wanted to buy an embossed roller for a long time. I like that you can use it to create a beautiful pattern and the cookies will not need to be decorated anymore. If you like mine, you can buy it. And now you have all the necessary ingredients ready and we will start preparing the dough, because it will be necessary to leave it in the fridge overnight.
Quantity: 2 sheets
Preparation time: 15 minutes + overnight cooling
Baking: 8 minutes
400 g of smooth spelled flour + flour
180 g powdered sugar
230 g of cold butter
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
- Mix flour, icing sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add eggs and chopped cold butter into smaller cubes.
- Make a compact dough and wrap it in food foil. Leave in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and line the baking sheet with baking paper.
- Roll out a sheet about 1 cm high from the dough. If you have an embossed roller, now is the time to use it. Press the pattern into the rolled dough and cut out the desired shapes using molds. I recommend putting the dough prepared in this way in the fridge for another 20 minutes before baking. The pattern will then hold better during baking.
- Place the plate in a preheated oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow the biscuits to cool on a grill.